Pages

06 October 2010

Why

I started this blog when I first moved to Brooklyn, as a way to feel like I was recording what I was seeing. But it feels like it's recording deeper, I've started to see buildings I've drawn and I now have a relationship with particular things. The city is growing on me, we're getting to know each other. Sometimes it still pops out and shows itself as a cliche, as all new, I'm amazed I'm in this, living daily... With this much density, it is sometimes overwhelming.

I've started to see all the buildings intersect, all the areas locking together. Alot of the drawings seem to reflect this interlocking of manmade structures, i.e. it's all connected.

I started out wanting to hug all the buildings in some autistic reaction to love, awe, shock... but now they are slowly becoming just friends.

0 comments:

Post a Comment